The advantage of using frosting / sugar sheets are:
1. I print your design or photo on the sugar sheet
2. Use scissors to cut out your image or border
3. Save time.
4. Have a unique image in mind, but can't trace the details or add color
5. No tracing - All images printed on sheet with color details
6. Send me your image via email attachment.
Old Fashioned Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) .
- Over a large bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar. Cut in butter and blend with a pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in lightly beaten egg, cream, and vanilla. Blend well. Dough may be chilled, if desired.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Sprinkle with sugar; cut into desired shapes. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until delicately brown. Cool on cookie racks. (AllRecipe.com)
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- tblsp water
- Drop of almond extract or favorite flavoring (season to taste)
- In a small bowl, stir together corn syrup and water until smooth. Add almond extract or favorite flavoring. If it is too thick, add a drop of water at a time.
- Brush glaze on cookies and add edible frosting sheet image to cookies. If desired, dip edges of cookies in sprinkles or pipe decorative borders.
Note: DO NOT ADD COLOR TO GLAZE. WILL DISTORT THE IMAGE COLORS..
Website created by: Jean L Fritz